Friday, August 10, 2007

Where oh where has my sleep gone?

Remember these days? This photo is 10 years old, in Scotland. (Note, it's light outside and i'm still in bed)


My kids have decided that it's cool to get up at night. Melody's the latest perpetrator. Last night she had to be left to her own devices for a while and now she's sleeping in. Let's hope this is a short lived trend. I am happy to report, however, that I was still at the gym before 5:30. It keeps me sane. I got a shower all to myself. No one asks to play in the drain at the gym. And.. If they did, at least I could have them hauled off by the cops.

4 comments:

tiburon said...

Ack! I hope your night owls go back to their regularly scheduled sleep habits soon! I find that my kids sleep great on the weekends when Adam can get up during the night to help out with them then go back to nightwakings during the week when I am on my own!

-Melissa- said...

I feel your pain. It always seems one of my boys wakes up in the middle of the night. If the other one is sleeping the other one is awake. Hopefully you can get some rest this afternoon!

Jan said...

That's so hard. I always feel that I can handle things much better if I am not sleep-deprived -- and that's how it was when my kids were little. Maybe a nap today?? (YOU, I mean!)

Unknown said...

i had a night like that last night, too. i'm seeing a conncetion between an afternoon ice cream stop and a sleepless night. these kids are offically cut off!