Friday, August 03, 2007

Supernanny Part 2


Yes it's no secret that Maya tests me. We can all see it. I sure love that kid. Really. What I've learned today:
1. The naughty step really works. Only 3 minutes and the child is actually repentant. No kidding!
2. If you make her your 'special helper' in the grocery store, she actually takes pity on her younger sister who didn't get the exact treat she wanted and gives her one of her peanut butter cups with no prompting from mom!!????
3. If you tell your kiddo who doesn't usually get all of her stickers on her job chart that a trip to chuck e cheese's is at stake, motivation suddenly appears.
4. You can't be patient ALL the time but if you can do it the majority of the time, it works wonders!
5. The Lord will help you if you do your daily family prayer and scripture study. I don't know HOW this works, maybe it's a reward for obedience? BUT.. it works. (ok this isn't supernanny, it's sunday school, but hey i actually learned something!)
6. Having two kids nap at once while the oldest one is at gymnastics is PRICELESS!

Boy am I glad i didn't have to watch myself on TV, screaming at my kids before I started this process....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

great tips! i've had a few of those "if you could see yourself right now, you'd die of embarassment" moments with my kids. like one particular trip home from target when my head nearly exploded. i agree wholeheartedly that if you ask for extra patience, you will be given extra patience. it's rather amazing. i'm all for "incentives", they work wonders. the naughty step has never worked for us, yet. i'm willing to keep trying. :)

tiburon said...

I am tellin ya that Supernanny book was the best $10 I ever spent. She is a GENIUS!! I am glad you are having such great success :)