Thursday, October 09, 2008

Happy 3 month anniversary to my hips!

Ok, so it's just my left hip but it's been three months since I have started this journey. It's actually gone by pretty quickly. My physical therapist hasn't taken measurements recently but at the last appointment she said that i had over 70 degrees of flexion on my left and she thought about 85 on the right. I have been doing so many stretching/strengthening exercises and they really seem to be helping. She said that my pelvis has never really had to move before and that it was "finally separating". I told her that i hoped that was a good thing! She said it was and that it was giving me more movement.

I have graduated from my walker to my sparkly black and silver cane. I'll take a picture of it one of these days. It's flashy! I am able to get around better without getting tired. I am walking better. I am getting stronger. Three months isn't really that long for such a huge change.

5 comments:

tiburon said...

Happy Three Months!
It doesn't look a day over 2.

Glad you are coming along so well :)

Reid and Brittney said...

Happy Anniversary!!! I am so happy that you are healing so great. It is good to see you on a cane instead of a walker!!!

Jan said...

This makes me so happy to read. I love it - -so glad you are doing well, and so fast.

Lori said...

Happy Anniversary! Not sure what the proper gift for this sort of anniversary is, so I'll just say that I'm thrilled that you are doing so well. Hopefully you will be able to ditch the cane in time for our "Twilight" movie date. :-)

Karen said...

How is your back feeling? What part of your pelvis separated?! Ouch. I am excited ou are doing so well and I am dying to see another video.