Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Becoming like little children


I often wondered why we are constantly reminded to be like little children. The cynical side of me often sarcastically thought, "What? We want to be whiney and needy?" Today I finally understood the concept.

We had a rough morning. I am embarassed to say that I lost my temper big time. I felt horrible. I first went to Morgan's school to apologize and my apology was accepted (with a promise of coming to lunch too). Next I went to Maya's preschool to tell her how much I loved her and how I was sorry for yelling at her. She wrapped her arms around me, kissed me and said, "It's ok Mommy. I always forgive you."
I often worry that Maya won't realize how special she is since she is our middle child. I want her to know how important she is in my life and how our family isn't complete without her. She taught me such a lesson on humility today.

7 comments:

Reid and Brittney said...

Isn't it amazing what our children can teach us?!? Your girls are so sweet!!

Lori said...

Do you have any idea how much I love that face? I'm pretty sure that Maya knows exactly how special she is to many people, but most importantly her Mama. She is a girl who knows her place in this world! :)

I'm sorry you had a rough morning!

Jan said...

You're a wonderful mama -- most would have waited for the kids to come home from school to apologize. You're doing it right. Love you!

Unknown said...

glad i'm not the only one who has days like that! kids are amazing, aren't they?

Me, Myself, and I said...

And they're so darn cute, too!

tiburon said...

I love how much our kids teach us!

Karen said...

That is my favorite picture of her. And..Guess I waited too long. Rebecca, will you forgive me?