Saturday, October 25, 2008

"Fall Festibal"

We told the girls we would take them to the city's Fall Festival this evening and they were excited about it all day. It did not disappoint. Maya kept thanking us for taking her to the "festibal".
They had a petting zoo where the girls were particularly interested in the bunny.

There were also pony rides.



They also had an inflatable "Mechanical Bull" ride which Maya particularly enjoyed.

Morgan tried too. She was dubious at first but had fun.

The coolest part to me was that I walked around for over 2 hours and I don't hurt. I can't remember the last time that I walked for that amount of time and didn't require advil. Seriously. It's been since before I was a teenager. It was so cool. I feel very blessed. Nathan caught me in the corner of one picture and I have never seen myself have such a normal stance before. So.. even if you think it's silly.. here's the picture.

I'm just so thrilled for the miracle I'm still experiencing every day. We had a wonderful Saturday.

11 comments:

hoLLy said...

we really wanted to go to that today! darn that primary program practice! :)

and i'm so thrilled for you that you are pain-free and are enjoying life more fully now. what a huge blessing. yea rebecca!

Reid and Brittney said...

Wow..that is awesome that you already have those pictures posted. It was good to see you at the festival...I wanted to come talk with you but when I turned back around you were gone and I couldn't find you. It was way fun..my kids had a blast as well. See ya tomorrow!!

Lori said...

Oh how fun! It was a beautiful day for doing anything outdoors, wasn't it? I love that they rode the mechanical bull! Too funny!

Shiela Lee said...

Adorable pictures - all of them.

I had wide eyes at the last one before I even read your caption. I'm so happy for you!

. . . . . . . . . said...

Such cute pictures. And it looks like the inflatible bull was so much fun. And thanks for posting the pic of you walking. Every milestone you experience blows me away. I'm so grateful!

Me, Myself, and I said...

Awesome stuff all around. Great to see the girls have so much fun. I am so glad that your hips are doing so well. :)

-Melissa- said...

Looks like fun! I'm glad to hear your hips are not hurting.

tiburon said...

Oh that looks like fun!

I am so glad you are doing so well. Adam can't wait to see you in a couple of weeks - he wants to see you walk in person!

Jan said...

Fun times -- but I'm most impressed by the pic of you. Amazing. Such a blessing!

Michele said...

Super fun!! Wow! And I really, really, really love that last picture! Nice legs, woman!!

xoxo

mamapickle said...

we did the State Fair the day before so I didn't have the energy to do the carnival,but it is on the list for next year. Looks like a ton of fun.