Wednesday, July 25, 2007

What a difference 2 years makes!

When I think about what I was doing a little less than 2 years ago, an image comes to mind. It looks somewhat like this.



My mother used to harass me because before Melody was born we called her "Oopsie". Most of my friends and family know that Maya was my 5th pregnancy and the result of quite a few visits to the Reproductive Endocrinologist. She was (and still is) a miracle. Just when I thought all of my miracles were used up and that our family was very much complete we were shocked with the news that we were going to have another baby. I doubted it for the longest time. I hadn't carried a pregnancy to term without intervention since Morgan and thought that this time would be the same. I was about 8 weeks along when I found out and my numbers were sky high. We couldn't believe it. I was in shock for most of my pregnancy. To be completely honest, I was so frightened and unsure how I would handle two kids so close together along with the demands of one in school/extra activites.
I will not lie. The first year was a doozie. But when all is going badly, it helped to have this to look at...



Melody has been the easiest, most outgoing baby/toddler. I think it's out of necessity. Her one issue is that she is very attached to her mom. Her mom complains sometimes, but she wouldn't trade her little "Oopsie" for anything.

3 comments:

Jan said...

Love the 'oopsie' -- and now look at what you have. 3 beautiful girls and a skinny body -- that you've earned. Yay for you!

tiburon said...

You have come a long way baybee!

Unknown said...

that is such a wonderful story. totally gives me goosebumps. i guess we'll never understand why some things work out the way they do; we can just be grateful!