Friday, July 20, 2007

Once a Nerd, Always a Nerd

Yes, it's true. Once you are a nerd, it's very hard to get out of nerd-dom. I am a nerd. I play the trumpet. I was in the marching band. I loved it. I miss playing my trumpet regularly.

This weekend I am mostly looking forward to the launch of the new Harry Potter book. It will most likely be read by Sunday night. My children will feel like they are being raised solely by their dad.

Last year's family picture was taken in FC Dallas fan-gear (see above picture). For those who are uneducated with the world's most popular sport, FC Dallas is our MLS (major league soccer) team. My most exciting event this week was running into Kenny Cooper at the local grocery store. For those who are unimpressed... here's Kenny. He's also played for the USA national team. I happened to be wearing my FC Dallas shirt at the time. How cool is that? For me, very cool!



And for good measure, here's a another year old picture of me in said shirt.

3 comments:

Jan said...

So I'm a nerd too. I can't wait for Harry Potter - -although I have to say that I won't be participating in any of the gala activities that are planned. I will just buy the book at Costco and read it! hahaha!

tiburon said...

Rebecca - Thanks for reaffirming what I already knew.

That is coming from one nerd to another :)

Unknown said...

yay, i'm so happy you're going to be a "current" blogger. now i can stalk you to my heart's content! :) chris loves mls! he's jealous you have a team so close.