Tuesday, November 06, 2007

So now it's time to wax spiritual....



I've been thinking lately about the strength of my testimony. I've always had one but am I the only one who has had an increase in their testimony since having children?


I mean there is the obvious reason... the miracle that is your child tends to evoke spiritual feelings that one cannot always describe. However, I have noticed something else.


Sometimes I strongly believe something and sometimes I follow it "because I am told". I have found that some of the things that I follow because I have to be an example for my kids has given me a testimony of that principle. Make any sense?


Let me give you an example. Before I had children I was pretty good with keeping the sabbath day holy (if you don't count pre-marriage years). Since I have three little policewomen keeping up with me on Sunday I have realized the blessings that come from keeping the sabbath holy and how it is such a divine principle. There are quite a few of these little (but significant) things that I have to thank my children for.


You guys drive me crazy sometimes but thanks for building up my testimony. I may not sell you on E-bay after all :)

3 comments:

tiburon said...

Makes complete and total sense. I am right there with you. There is something about being a parent that does that to you. Great thoughts :)

Unknown said...

kids are good for some things! :) i totally agree. it motivates you to get your act 100% together when you have kiddos...

Jan said...

Oh, I think you're 100% right. Kids really help you get your priorities straight - -even if it's that they are policing your every action. You feel like you have to be the example because they need to be able to follow a good one.