Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Just call me Martha.

My new inspiration seems to be attempting to satisfy my picky, hard to feed family with new recipes. Crazy. Last night we had Crockpot BBQ beef on toasted buns and broccoli salad. (It was made with a roast which Nathan has declared he does not like along with a very LONG list of other things.) For dessert I popped some ready to bake cookies in the oven, made some buttercream icing and we had cookie sandwiches. The dinner was popular with Morgan, Nathan and I but the two littles turned up their noses... I suppose 3 out of 5 isn't bad? Tonight I'm revisiting an old favorite with Potato Soup. I'm looking forward to that!

On another topic, I've become stark raving mad with clipping coupons, price shopping and deal finding. If you have any tips, let me know! I have to save money for my little 2 year old suction cup to attend at least a few hours of preschool or mother's day out next year or I'll go INSANE. People think I attend the gym for exercise.. really it's so I can go to the BATHROOM ALONE!!!

4 comments:

Jan said...

I learned from Jori that when you order online, you should always check nauughtycodes.com - - and they work. I've used them and now I check everytime I order something. It might help.

Unknown said...

yahoo, lady! you're the best. i need to get my butt in gear in the kitchen.

Melinda said...

Do you want to trade baby-sitting? I would watch your kids while you and your hubby went out, and vice versa. We would both save on baby-sitting money.

Rebecca said...

Oh Melinda you kind hearted soul. I couldn't do that to you. Have you ever seen Maya at bedtime?