Sunday, November 25, 2007

The parable of the pretzels and the goldfishes


First, let me clarify that I am not a nursery worker at church. I live there because my little hip monkey doesn't let me leave. Today as we were arriving for my sentence... i mean quality time with my little ones, we discovered (for reasons not important) that we were devoid of snack. For those who have little ones in nursery you realize this is a catastrophe!!!!
After sending an official primary worker home to get a few odds and ends we discovered that the natives were indeed getting very restless. Along with the primary president's emergency stash of goldfish from her car and the items from 2 diaper bags we were able to feed the masses with a feast fit for... well.. a bunch of preschoolers... but they thought it was AWESOME! :) Oh the variety of it all!! Crisis averted. I believe in parables.

4 comments:

Tammy said...

Ahhhh, church nurseries... I know them well! And that parable is priceless. Once again, the fish multiply and the masses are fed! Woohoo!!!

Jan said...

Gotta love anyone who can come up with the goods to win over the nursery crowd. Gold fish will always do it, I think!

Unknown said...

good times! i could have offered up some fruit loops into the pot. yum!

Melinda said...

That cheesy Publisher's Clearinghouse song comes to mind for some reason, "Miracles can happen, can happen to you....!" It was an interesting day in nursery that's for sure! I hope it won't be repeated!