Sunday, October 07, 2007

Finally! Morgan's Baptism



My sister graciously emailed me photos of Morgan's baptism since our camera was suffering from dirty-lens disease and took horrible photos.

On September 29th at 6pm my oldest daughter was baptized. It was unlike any experience I have ever had. My youngest beast had been acting up and I missed quite a lot of the service due to her needy-ness. I was, however, able to witness Morgan's actual baptism and was honored to help her get ready afterwards. She looked at me in the eye and said, "Mom, am I really baptized?" I told her that she was and she started to cry. She told me that she was just so happy and that she felt like she had made the right choice. I hugged her tight, cried with her and told her how proud I was to be her mother, especially at a time like this.

I know that being a mother is along journey that never ends but there is a feeling of peace that comes from having a child baptized. It's like it's a stepping stone along the journey that you've come to and that you feel like you are at least headed in the right direction, if that makes any sense. I'm so proud of all of my girls. I just can't believe how well they've turned out in spite of such an imperfect mother. I'm truly blessed.

Here are a few more pics..




Morgan with both grandmothers


Morgan with both grandfathers

4 comments:

tiburon said...

I am so glad to finally see pics! You all look great. Morgan looks great in the dress. Man, does Nathan look like his dad!

What a great time for all of you - it is such a surreal thing to watch! Thanks for sharing the pics :)

Jan said...

What a lovely day for you! I wish we could have driven up to be there. It's an amazing time, for sure. You are a great mom and have a lot to be proud of.

Unknown said...

awww, that is so fantastic! you must be so happy. you guys all look fabulous - morgan is glowing!

-Melissa- said...

What special time for Morgan and your family. Morgan looks so happy!