Thursday, May 22, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom!


This is a picture of the world's most amazing mom. Here is a list of things which make her amazing:

1. She has a testimony of Jesus Christ and is not afraid to share it.

2. She has made many sacrifices for her family and does not even bat an eyelash.

3. She sat by my beside in the hospital for what probably adds up to months of her life while her family was split into different households for weeks at a time.

4. She has never once told me that I was incapable of trying anything, even with my physical challenges. I remember her speech over and over - "Rebecca knows her own limits and can set them herself. Don't set them for her." I appreciate it so much and it has strengthened me.

5. She loves my family. She has been there for every important event. She has been there within hours, if not minutes of the birth of my three children.

6. She is an advocate of continuing education and leads by example. She earned her Bachelor and Masters degrees while raising 5 children and now works as a Neonatal Nurse Practitioner. Make no mistake. She was always at the top of her class.

7. She has a great sense of humor. Her laughter is contagious.

8. She is not judgemental. She lets me make my own decisions and is sometimes even overly vague with her opinions as to not offend me.

9. She is talented. That woman can sew. The girls at gymnastics wish she was their grandma. My wedding dress was exactly what I wanted. I had custom made formals in high school. Priceless.

10. She's compassionate. She will listen to me and offer advice when I need it and is always understanding.

.... and there are so many more - too many to list.

I love you mom.

5 comments:

Jan said...

she's wonderful, isn't she? I've always been in awe of the things your mom can (and does) do. She's the best and I loved reading your tribute to her.

Chris and Tara Mason said...

Wow! She is pretty spectacular! Happy Birthday!

. . . . . . . . . said...

She's THE BEST. Aren't we lucky!!

Unknown said...

happy birthday aunt karen!

tiburon said...

Happy Happy Birthday Mom!

Great tribute Bec :)