Sunday, March 09, 2008

An Extensive Update



For those of you not following our gymnastics drama the past month, here is an update. We spent the first week in February gym shopping due to a disagreement at Morgan's then current gym. We still have great feelings towards them and wish them well but Morgan and her parents collectively decided that she needed to move on. Surprisingly the best fit for her was a gym located closer to home and she started training there.

The staff there has worked well with her and decided that she fit in best with their group that was training for level 6 in the fall. Morgan competed level 4 this past year and was thrilled to be moving up to 5! The new plan, formulated by the gym's owner, was to train Morgan on level 4 and place her in a meet which the gym was hosting in early March. The purpose of this meet was to get her the qualifying score required to move up to level 6 in the fall. The required score is an all around of 31.00.

Her competition was yesterday. There were a very small group of girls so Morgan was excited that she might even get a medal or two if she tried really hard but I reassured her that her main goal was to get a qualifying score and with only 4 weeks of training she had plenty to be proud of.

Imagine my surprise when she took home 2 golds, 2 silvers and a gold in the all around. Her score was a 35.55. I couldn't believe it. I'll post her bar and beam routine since they are on the flip video and recorded the best. I didn't get a good video of her floor routine (user malfunctions!) and the vault is on the big video camera so I'll try to cattle prod that out of Nathan later.



7 comments:

Jan said...

Yay for Morgan! Sounds like the gym change was the right choice - -and that she really does have a future with her gymnastics. Love it!

. . . . . . . . . said...

Dang! 4 Weeks of level 5 and onto level 6. She's AMAZING!!! Go, Morgan, go!!

tiburon said...

She is so awesome! I am glad she is settling in at the new gym :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome job, Morgan! I know you are proud of her. I'm sure the gym is glad you are there :o)

Unknown said...

that girl rocks my world! yay morgan!

Lori said...

Yay Morgan!! I am so glad it's working out at the new gym. I've got to make a meet one of these days! WTG!!

hoLLy said...

wow-she's awesome!!! what gym does she go to now? my aubrey just started at north star and we like it there so far.