Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The Bargain Shopper


I need to publicly thank my friend Sharron (who really needs to start her own blog, by the way) who properly taught me to bargain shop. This week I got several free boxes of Quaker Oatmeal (Simple Harvest) and granola bars. I got cereal for 1$ a box. I bought handsoap for 30 cents, got toothpaste for 30 cents.. the list goes on and on. Hopefully with this kind of determination we'll be able to support our daughter's gymnastics habit.

Don't get me wrong.. I'm never comparing receipts with Sharron. I surrender to greatness.

9 comments:

Melinda said...

I LOVE bargain shopping! Good job!

Jan said...

Wow - would love to hear the details on how this all happened. Great buys!

tiburon said...

You go on wit your bad self! I love me a good deal

Unknown said...

she does need to start a blog and teach us all her tricks. or you could share the love...???

Me, Myself, and I said...

I do my grocery shopping at McDonald's. Do you have any coupons?

. . . . . . . . . said...

Help. We need your expertise here.

-Melissa- said...

That is great! I love deals. :)

Chris and Tara Mason said...

Wow! That's amazing! Where'd you guys shop? Were you able to purchase stuff that you normally use/eat?

Rebecca said...

Ancient chinese secrets! No, actually I clip coupons every monday morning from the sunday double edition paper and then use the specials from the flyers. Last week Albertsons had the quaker products on for 5 for 5$ and i had many 1$ off coupons... Same with the other stuff I got for cheap. I got more handsoap for a quarter today. I had a 1$ coupon from target and it was on sale for 4 for 5$. What i didn't know before i started this was that you didn't have to buy all 4 soaps to get that price.