Tuesday, January 15, 2008

My little American Girl

Dallas has recently opened an American Girl boutique and bistro. Don't let it's quaint little name fool you. It's a monster of a store with many an expensive doll with accessories galore! If I were independently wealthy I'd consider exposing my kids to the wonders of this retail empire.

For my newly-turned 4 year old, however, what is required for her is some one on one time with mom. So, we passed all of the merchandise to the second floor where the bistro is housed. We had reservations for the birthday girl. She was presented with her very own birthday certificate and sticker, was allowed to choose a "loaner doll" to accompany us to lunch and then we were promptly seated. Even her doll was given her very own menu.

We had a splendid time and even enjoyed a special birthday dessert. It was a memory I won't likely forget and one I hope that she remembers as well. And, just so you don't think I'm the meanest mom in the universe, we did have a look around the store and Maya played with quite a few of the display dolls. Thankfully she didn't request to bring any of them home. Here are a few pictures.



8 comments:

-Melissa- said...

Happy Birthday Maya! It looks like you got to celebrate your birthday in style. What a fun place. Good thing I don't have any girls. I would be in trouble.

tiburon said...

Oh my goodness that looks fun! Next time we get to Dallas we will have to take all the girls there :)

Jan said...

Oh, this looks like a wonderful time! How fun for you and Maya to have a date for her BD -- love it!

Lori said...

Look at how grown up she is! Since I've only got a boy can I tag along the next time you go? It looks like a pink paradise! :)

Unknown said...

oh my gosh, those striped booths!!! that looks like a fabulous place! will have to check it out on my next trip to dallas.

Anonymous said...

Oh, how nice! That looks like so much fun....and SO girly! Melanie would love it. She'd probably find a doll or something she just HAD to have so I'm glad we don'thave one ;) I hope she had a wonderful birthday and I know she enjoyed having Mommy to herself.

Melinda said...

Okay, there is NO WAY Anna's going to see this post. She would have a cow. She already wants her own American Girl because a girl brought hers to church on Sunday and Anna fell in love with it.

. . . . . . . . . said...

I LOVE the picture of you two together. She's so beautiful...just like her mama. Is it wrong that I want to go to the bistro too? Lol!!