Friday, January 04, 2008

As usual I'm late to the party but I'm here!

I really do love New Years. The chance to evaluate how you are doing and make changes is so appealing to me. It feels like a fresh start. I am not one who doesn't make changes because failure is imminent. I love a challenge. I don't expect to be perfect but I have to keep trying! I am going to keep the list short but some things I have already been working on so it really is a large list!

1. Daily scripture reading. (this includes individual and family group study) I have already made a chart for the family and to "keep it real" I should mention that we already missed a day but we're not quitting. We are going to read twice today and make up for yesterday. We would love for this to be a daily habit ALL the time, not just on days that we have a routine.

2. Temple attendance. I made it 4 times this year and met my goal. I'm adding 2 more visits this year. 6 times is do-able so i'll start there.

3. Lose the holiday weight and maintain again this year as well as tone up. I'm about 10 lbs or so more than my lowest weight so after I take that off I'd like to work on weight training. My silly tennis elbow is bugging me so i need to work on getting that better too.

4. Quit biting my nails/cuticles. It's silly but necessary.

Wish me luck. I am feeling happy about this list and have other things I will work on too such as 72 hour kits, replenishing food storage, family home evening (which we're not too bad at), spending more time with the kids and less time yelling at them. These are already in progress, however.

5 comments:

tiburon said...

all good things! All you resolution makers are making me want to make some - I have never been big on that :)

Melinda said...

Your list sounds a lot like mine! Temple attendance, daily scripture study, FHE, 72-hour kits, food storage, losing weight, all good stuff. Good luck!

Lori said...

Good list! If you don't mind I might steal your idea and blog my own list. :)

Unknown said...

those are great! i need to get maya on the "quit biting nails/cuticles" bandwagon. that girl is a cannibal.

Jan said...

These are great! You're listing things that are definitely do-able and you will achieve them. Yay for you!