Thursday, February 24, 2005

Separation anxiety?

I just have to get this off my chest. I can't believe I am so in the minority about leaving my 13 month old behind while I go on a vacation. Morgan.. sure.. she's old enough. Not that anyone would be available to watch Maya but I just couldn't leave her at her age. I am with her 24 hours a day and then BAM.. see ya in 4 days? Don't you think the kid would wonder what happened to me? Wow. Maybe it's me who is suffering from separation anxiety.. but I need to wait a while for something like that. And yes.. I am a weepy mom who has a hard time with her children getting bigger so quickly. I can GUARANTEE I will cry when Morgan goes to Kindergarten next year. I know that I will love it in the end and I know that it is so good for my little social butterfly, but i am her MOTHER and I can cry if I want to. I plan to cry for Maya too. I shed a few tears on her first birthday. I don't think there is anything wrong with it. Enough said. I feel better.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

I'm with ya on that one, Rebecca. I couldn't do it either. You know your child, your family best. You do what is best for you. And weep all you want, I'm with you there too...the thought of Bug turning One makes me weepy!!!

Robin said...

I'm a little late responding to this Rebecca, but I TOTALLY agree! Now we've gone a bit to the extreme, because the longest we've been away from Trey is a weekend and never w/ Kyle.

I bawled like a BABY when Trey started Kindergarten...I attributed to pgcy hormones (I was pg w/ kyle) but I doubt it was *really* that!

(((hugs)))