Friday, July 04, 2008

Diamond Anniversary

My grandparents are celebrating their 60th anniversary in August and practically the whole extended family will be there. Because I am having my surgery this month we opted to visit early. I am so glad we did... for many reasons. We got them all to ourselves! (We're so selfish!)


They are such an amazing example of what a marriage should be. I only hope that Nathan and I can follow their lead and try to be like them.
My grandparents are so generous. They even put us up in a wonderful hotel with a large suite and a waterpark for the kids! It was wonderful! Thanks so much!






We got to celebrate Canada Day in Canada!!


Did I mention my grandpa is a total ham and loved to play along with Maya? You just can't take us Ericksons/Kings anywhere. We love to play with our food.




Not to be left out... Melody had to join in the french fry fun too..


While the camera is on... Maya has to show her stuff!




We had such a wonderful time. We were able to spend some priceless time with some people we wish we got to see more. We wish we had taken more pictures and more video but we were enjoying out time too much to remember to take out the cameras. We enjoyed visiting with my mom's sisters and some of their families.

Thanks again Grandma and Grandpa for everything. You are such amazing people and we will never be able to thank you enough for all you did/continue to do for us. We love you all so much. This trip was priceless for all of us.

4 comments:

. . . . . . . . . said...

I'm so glad you got to go see them. I can't wait! They are the best. And I have to say...quite a good looking bunch there! ALL of you! I love you so much and can't wait to see you too.

tiburon said...

Looks like you had a great trip. We are excited to visit next month! Sorry that we will miss seeing you :(

Jan said...

What fun pictures -- and I'm so glad you got some 'alone' time with them. I know it means the world to them as well. Love you guys!

mamapickle said...

Looks like a fun trip. A hotel with a waterpark, what could be better?! And I must say I can not believe how grown up your girls are getting. How does this time go by so fast.