Thursday, July 17, 2008

Catching Up




I have been so very blessed. I was released from the hospital on Monday. My mom had been here since the following monday so my sisters came and took over for her for this week. My mom is a lifesaver and my sisters have been so helpful... especially Rachel who has been my taxi driver everywhere!

I have wonderful family. I can't count the number of phone calls, emails and cards. My got flowers in the mail today (pictured above) from Nathan's parents. Aren't they beautiful? My brother and his family sent me a fresh fruit basket that was not only gorgeous but delicious as well. (I particularly loved the pineapple shaped flowers!)

My friends are amazing. They have offered to help with anything I need. They have brought over dinners and checked in on me. My friend and neighbor Lori sent a popcorn tin over and it is definitely being welcome with open mouths!

My church ward is incredible. We have had meals almost every night, sometimes unanticipated! They have been delicious and our fridge is overflowing!

I have a caring, experienced doctor. I had my checkup today and things are rolling along. My left hip is recovering nicely. I no longer have any staples and my bruising/swelling is slowly coming down). He is concerned that I don't overdo it but is keenly aware that i have little kids and instructs me accordingly. The surgery really wasn't as bad as i thought and even though i missed my kids terribly and it's not amazingly fun, I know it's do-able and will be ok to do it again on Wednesday. Still, prayers will be much appreciated.

Nathan's work has been so understanding. His boss sent a beautiful bouquet of flowers as well and it so so nice have something to brighten the hospital room.

Thank you to everyone. I know there have been plenty of thoughts and prayers and those are priceless beyond measure. I am so touched and humbled. Again, it's such a testimony of how mindful my Heavenly Father is of me and I am so grateful.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

(((Hugs)))) and love and prayers from me. You are in my thoughts and I'm so happy that things are going so well.

Jan said...

I am SO grateful that it's gone this well -- our prayers have had you in them every day and will continue to do as you head towards #2. Love you, Becca.

mamapickle said...

Yay for everthing going so well and hooray for all the taking care of your family and you by great people. Glad it is going so smoothly.

Michelle and Joe said...

Rebecca....so glad to hear all went well. We are sure the next one will go as well.

Michele said...

You sound like you are surrounded by love, Rebecca! You are an amazing woman-- I'm glad you are being taken care of! May your recovery continue to go well! ((Hugs))
Michele~en

Unknown said...

so happy you're doing so well and being so well taken care of! hugs to you!

-Melissa- said...

I'm glad to hear everything is going well. That is great you have wonderful family and friends that are helping you out.

Me, Myself, and I said...

Mail some of that pot roast down here, 'kay? I forgot to steal the bag on the way out the door. And tell Mellers I want a chocolate milk.