Thursday, June 05, 2008

Taking Notice



I am feeling particularly thankful this morning. Here's why.

1. I am a child of God. He is mindful of me and ths week my testimony of the fact that he has a plan for each and every one of his children is obvious to me. He is mindful of each individual and loves us each so much. He knows what we can handle and what we need. He is there when we need him. We need only ask.

2. I married the man who I will be with forever and I am so grateful for that. He knew what was required with me when he married me and even with many surprises along the way he has been supportive and loving.

3. An orthopedic surgeon who truly cares about me and actually takes the time to be concerned about me. He actually talked on the phone with my childhood surgeons to familiarize himself with my condition and I know he is mindful of me. He actually thanked me for giving him something interesting to do.

4. My family is so supportive. My mom and sisters have offered to help when they can during my surgery/recovery and that is priceless.

5. We've found a nanny for the rest of the summer and not only can she drive but she is one of the kids' favorite babysitters. She is wonderful and now a potentially stressful situation has become something that the kids are looking forward to.

6. My kiddos. I feel like I some repenting to do, especially regarding Melody. When the Lord gives you a kid like her you don't freak out and cry for a trimester wondering how you can handle it. You thank your Heavenly Father and enjoy the amazing miracle that he has given you. I wouldn't trade her for all the condoms in China.

8 comments:

tiburon said...

Great list! It almost looks like a Thankful Thursday list ;)

I am glad things are going well and everything has fallen into place. We will still miss you in August!

Jan said...

I loved your blessings list. I feel the same as you in so many ways - -family, friends, and a Heavenly Father who loves me and I know it.

hoLLy said...

ok, the last sentence of this post is HILARIOUS. thanks for a good laugh this morning:)

Unknown said...

how fabulous! you are right, you're so blessed - as we all are.

ps - you said all the condoms in china!!!!!!!

Me, Myself, and I said...

First, your orthopedic surgeon rocks.

Second, we're glad to help out and will love seeing the girls.

Third, Melody's a heck of a lot cuter than a condom. Seriously.

Chris and Tara Mason said...

I didn't know that China had a lot of condoms ....

Great list! I'm glad that everything is working out for you! :)

mamapickle said...

Thanks for reminding me to be greatful. I needed that. And you kept me laughing at the end too, your so fun.

. . . . . . . . . said...

Dude, you know I'm there. That's what big sisters are for. I love you.

And Nathan is awesome. I can't imagine someone in this world who could be a better companion for you. You complement each other perfectly.